Influenza Immunizations (“Flu Shots” and Flu Mist)
- mainly hits areas of the body that contact air (eyes/nose/ears/throat/lungs)
- infects people in our region of the country December-April
- comes back every year in slightly altered form, a very regular occurence
- can be dangerous to the young, ill, and elderly
- causes 30,000 deaths a year, mainly in the elderly
- mainly hits areas of the body that contact air but also the gut.
- is a newly mutated type of influenza virus
- so we do not know when it will be here again
- it was widespread this summer in the US, much less so now
- in the spring and summer of ’09 it was quite mild
- If it comes back it may be just as mild as this summer’s bout, or more severe
- All children from ages 6 months old and up
- Anyone living with a child from 0-18 years of age
- Anyone over 50 years of age
- Anyone living with someone over 50 years of age
- All people 6 months and up with a chronic illness
- Anyone living with someone with a chronic illness
Who Can Advanced Pediatrics Immunize?
In the interest of providing influenza immunizations to as many
children as possible, Advanced Pediatrics will make it available only to
- All current patients 6 months of age and older
- Mothers of children ages 0-6 months old
The comments contained in this electronic source of information do not constitute and are not designed to imply that they constitute any form of individual medical advice. The information provided is purely for informational purposes only and not relevant to any person’s particular medical condition or situation. If you have any medical concerns about yourself or your family please contact your physician immediately. In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer,we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside vendors.