BREAKING NEWS ON URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS (UTI)
- To help your child feel better. Curing the illness ends the symptoms
- Prevent kidney damage. Some UTI’s spread to the kidney and cause scarring.
For many, many years, the teaching has been that UTI’s are more likely to spread to the kidney if you are an infant
- Obtain a urine sample to see if there is an infection
- Only if there is a bacterial infection, treat with antibiotics
- Make sure you get better.
The comments contained in this electronic source of information do not constitute and are not designed to imply that they constitute any form of individual medical advice. The information provided is purely for informational purposes only and not relevant to any person’s particular medical condition or situation. If you have any medical concerns about yourself or your family please contact your physician immediately. In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer,we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside vendors.